Kuleba: We cannot allow any steps that will destroy Motor Sich

Kuleba: We cannot allow any steps that will destroy Motor Sich

Ukrinform
Ukraine cannot allow any steps that will destroy the efficient Motor Sich enterprise, which has a huge social burden, Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba has said in an interview with Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty.

"The Ukrainian government (and this is the principled position of the president) has one key interest - Motor Sich must remain an efficient and profitable enterprise. We cannot allow any steps that will destroy Motor Sich because it's not just a factory. In fact, this is a city within a city. It has a huge social burden," Kuleba said.

According to him, the state will consider all decisions that will help keep Motor Sich as an effective Ukrainian enterprise.

He said that Chinese investors in Motor Sich are private entities. "These are not Chinese state-owned companies. Therefore, let's distinguish between interstate relations between Ukraine and China and relations with a specific Chinese business that is trying to invest in Motor Sich. When we divide it into two tracks, then the picture becomes clearer," Kuleba said.

He stressed that China is a very important partner for Ukraine. "And we will do everything to build effective and mutually beneficial relations," Kuleba added.

As was reported earlier, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky stated that he would not allow China or any other country to acquire a controlling stake in Motor Sich.

In early August 2020, DCH Group announced the beginning of a partnership with Chinese investors representing Skyrizon Aircraft Holdings Limited.

On August 6 last year, the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine announced that it would assess the sale of Motor Sich for compliance with competition law.

On September 4, 2020, Chinese investors in Motor Sich submitted a Notice of Investment Dispute to the Ukrainian Justice Ministry regarding their intention to apply to an international arbitration court to recover $3.5 billion in losses from the state of Ukraine. The working group on pre-arbitration settlement also includes a representative of the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine.

It emerged in November that Chinese investors in Motor Sich had hired three law firms for the $3.5 billion lawsuit against Ukraine.

op


Let’s get started read our news at facebook messenger > > > Click here for subscribe

While citing and using any materials on the Internet, links to the website ukrinform.net not lower than the first paragraph are mandatory. In addition, citing the translated materials of foreign media outlets is possible only if there is a link to the website ukrinform.net and to the website of a foreign media outlet. Citing and using materials in offline media, mobile apps, Smart TV are allowed only with written permission from Ukrinform. News and publications marked as "Advertisement" and "PR" and articles in the section "Releases" include promoted content, and an advertiser is responsible for the content.

© 2015-2022 Ukrinform. All rights reserved.

Website design Studio Laconica

Extended searchHide extended search
By period:
-