Collection and use of personal data
When a user visits the Website, Ukrinform processes a user's data, namely:
- IP addresses;
- parameters and settings for web browsers (User-agent).
When visiting the Website, all log-ins are recorded. Other information regarding user traffic is not processed or stored. In any case, when information that should not necessarily be provided is requested, a user will be notified at the time of collecting such information. Ukrinform does not collect personal information revealing racial or ethnic identity, political convictions, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership in trade unions, genetic data, biometric data for the sole purpose of identifying an individual, health data or data on sex life or sexual orientation. Ukrinform collects data about visitor stats of the Website. The data may contain information about connection, traffic, a user's browser, as well as the date, time, duration of work on the Internet and location on the Website.
Processing of personal data
Personal data is processed and stored in data centers, where the equipment ensuring the functioning of the services of the Website is placed. The personal data provided is processed and can be stored in the database of personal data or a separate table of the database of the Website. The place of storage and processing of personal data is at the address: Ukraine, Kyiv, 8/16 Bohdana Khmelnytskoho Street.
Purpose of use of personal data
Personal data is used to ensure the provision of Internet services of the Website, exchange information/news, relations in the field of advertising and communication.
Duration of personal data storage
Personal data is stored for no more than is necessary according to the purpose of its processing. Once the subject of personal data ceases to be a user of the Website by deleting his or her account on the Website, his or her personal data is also automatically deleted.
A cookie is a text file or files that contain a small amount of information that is sent to a web browser and stored on a user's device. Such devices include a computer, mobile phone or another device through which a user visits the Website. Cookies may be eternal (they are called persistent cookies) and are stored on a computer until they are deleted by a user, or temporary (these files are called session cookies), that is, they are stored only until the browser is closed. In addition, cookies are divided into first-party (they are installed directly by the Website) and third-party (installed by other websites).
• When a user re-visits the Website, cookie data is updated;
• In most cases, a web browser by default allows automatic storage of cookies on a user's device;
• Disabling cookies may limit access to published materials and/or inappropriate functioning of the Website's services.
Ukrinform cares about its users and tries to make the stay on the Website as comfortable as possible. To this end, Ukrinform, with the help of cookies, needs to analyze the behavior, advantages and interests of a user. Such analysis will help Ukrinform improve the experience of interaction with the Website and determine the most convenient interface and navigation of the Website.
Ukrinform uses the following categories of cookies:
- strictly necessary cookies - necessary for moving a user through a web page, performing a search on the Website, memorizing previous user actions when moving to the previous page in the same session.
- operational cookies - aggregate information about how the Website is used. This data is stored on a user's device between sessions of the web browser. Examples of such data may include the following metrics: time spent on the Website, the most frequently visited pages, an understanding of which sections and services of the Website were most interesting to a user, how effective a certain advertising and/or marketing campaign is, etc. All information collected through operational cookies is intended for statistical and analytical tasks. Some cookie data may be provided to third parties that have permission from the web resource and solely for the purposes mentioned above.
- functional cookies – are used to store settings or configurations that are stored on a user's device between sessions of the web browser. These cookies also allow users to watch videos, interact (participate in polls, votes) and interact with social networking sites. In order to make the experience after visiting the resource more enjoyable, these cookies will remember the information provided by a user, increasing the effectiveness of interaction with the Website.
- target cookies – are used to deliver content that may be of interest to a user. This data is stored on a user's device between sessions of the web browser. Examples of such data may include the following metrics: tracking the recommended text, graphical, audio and video material to avoid being re-displayed, controlling target ads, evaluating the effectiveness of advertising campaigns, information about a user's visit to other resources at the transitions, and other settings for the Website. The Website may share this information with other parties, including media clients, advertisers, agencies and partners in a closely related business for them to provide high-quality targeted advertising.
- cookies of third-party services and analytics services.
Google Analytics' Terms of Service - http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/gb.html
Management of cookies:
The main web browsers (listed below) are configured to automatically accept cookies. To turn them off, use the help function in your browser, either in the menu or with the F1 button.
Microsoft Edge - https://privacy.microsoft.com/privacystatement
Mozilla Firefox - https://www.mozilla.org/en/privacy/websites/#cookies
Google Chrome - https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
Opera - http://help.opera.com/Windows/11.50/en/cookies.html
Safari for macOS - https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?locale=en_US
Interaction of the Website with other resources
When using the Website, its web pages may contain codes of other Internet resources and third parties, resulting in such Internet resources and third parties receiving user data. Consequently, these Internet resources may receive and process information that a user has visited these pages, as well as other information provided by a user's browser.
Such Internet resources can be:
- ad systems (for example, DoubleClick for Publishers, Admixer, AdRiver, etc.);
- social plug-ins for networks (e.g., Discus, Facebook, Twitter, Google+)
- chatbots (ManyChat, Chatfuel, etc.).
The use of these Ukrinform services is needed for the rapid analysis of visits to the Website, internal and external evaluation of Website attendance, depth of viewing, user activity. The data received from the specified Ukrinform services is not stored and processed. Accordingly, if a user for any reason does not want the specified services to access his or her personal data, a user may log out from his or her account or profile and clear the cookies (through his or her browser).
Safety of minors
The Website is not intended for minors. Ukrinform takes security issues very seriously, especially with regard to persons under the age of majority, and in this connection Ukrinform appeals to parents to explain to their children about security issues on the Internet, their specific purpose and the need to use the Website.
Ukrinform's interaction with third parties with regard to personal data
Confidentiality of activity of a subject of personal data on the Website
Information about the activity (traffic) on the Website of users who pass through the network or a user's email are protected in accordance with the law.
Protection of personal data
Ukrinform uses generally accepted standards for technological and operational protection of information and personal data against loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. However, despite all efforts, Ukrinform cannot guarantee absolute security against any threats that arise beyond the control of Ukrinform. Ukrinform ensures the use of all relevant obligations on compliance with privacy, as well as technical and organizational security measures to prevent unauthorized or unlawful disclosure or processing of such information and data, their accidental loss, destruction or damage. Ukrinform provides access to information and personal data only to authorized employees who have agreed to ensure the confidentiality of such information and data in accordance with the requirements of Ukrinform. The distribution of personal data without the consent of a subject of personal data or his or her authorized person is allowed in cases specified by law and only (if necessary) in the interests of national security, economic welfare and human rights.
Terms of access to personal data
The procedure for accessing personal data of third parties is determined by the terms of consent of a user, given to the owner of personal data, to the processing of this data or in accordance with the requirements of the law. A user has the right to receive any information about himself or herself from any subject of relations related to personal data if he or she provides the name, surname and patronymic, place of residence and details of a document identifying an individual that submits the request, except in cases established by law. A user's access to data about himself or herself is free.
Rights of a subject of personal data
Ukrinform informs a user about his or her rights as a subject of personal data, which are regulated by the Law of Ukraine "On Protection of Personal Data," namely:
1) to know about the sources of collection, location of personal data, the purpose of processing them, location or place of residence of the owner or manager of personal data, or to give a respective order on obtaining this information to authorized persons, except in cases established by law;
2) to receive information about the conditions for granting access to personal data, in particular information about third parties to which personal data is transferred;
3) access to personal data;
4) to receive no more than thirty calendar days from the date of receipt of the request, except in cases provided by law, the answer as to whether personal data is processed, as well as to receive the contents of such personal data;
5) to make a motivated request to the owner of personal data with the objection against processing of personal data;
6) to make a motivated request for the modification or destruction of personal data by any owner and manager of personal data if this data is processed illegally or is unreliable;
7) to protect personal data from unlawful processing and accidental loss, destruction, damage due to intentional concealment, failure to provide or untimely provision thereof, as well as to protection against the provision of information that is unreliable or defames honor, dignity and business reputation of an individual;
8) to file complaints about the processing of personal data to the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine Commissioner for Human Rights or to a court;
9) to apply remedies in case of violations of the legislation on the protection of personal data;
10) to make reservations as to the limitation of the right to process personal data at the time of the consent;
11) to withdraw consent for the processing of personal data;
12) to know the mechanism of automatic processing of personal data;
13) to protection against an automated decision that has legal implications.
In order to update, get access, modify, block or delete your personal data, withdraw consent for the processing of personal data that you provided to Ukrinform in accordance with this Policy, or in the event of any remarks, wishes or claims regarding your personal data, which is processed by Ukrinform, please contact Ukrinform by e-mail: email@example.com, or write a letter to the address: 01001 Kyiv, 8/16 Bohdana Khmelnytskoho Street.
This Policy, periodically and without prior notice to a user, may be amended, including due to changes in the requirements of the legislation. If significant amendments are made to this Policy, Ukrinform will post a notice on the Website and state the date of entry into force of these amendments. If, within this period, you do not refuse to accept them in writing, this will mean that you agree to the respective amendments in the Policy. We ask you to review the Policy from time to time in order to keep abreast of any amendments or additions.