Oleh Syniehubov, the head of the Kharkiv regional military administration, reported this on Telegram, Ukrinform reports.
"The exhumation of the bodies of victims from a mass burial site in Izium is ongoing. During this time, 146 bodies have already been exhumed, most of them being civilians, including two children. Some of the dead have signs of violent death, and there are bodies with tied hands and signs of torture. Mine-explosive injuries, shrapnel and stab wounds were also found among the deceased," the report said.
All bodies are being sent for forensic examination to determine the final cause of death.
"The whole world should know about the terrible crimes of the Russian occupiers in the Kharkiv region. And the evidence collected by us will definitely be used in international courts to punish war criminals," Syniehubov said.
As Ukrinform reported earlier, on September 6, President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky said more than 400 bodies, including those with signs of torture, had been exhumed at a mass burial site in liberated Izium. Among the identified bodies are children and soldiers.