Pavlo Hryb goes on hunger strike

Pavlo Hryb goes on hunger strike

Ukrinform
Ukrainian citizen Pavlo Hryb, sentenced by a Russian court to six years in prison, declared a hunger strike, Hromadske reports.

"Due to the fact that doctors have not allowed [Ukrainian ombudsman Lyudmyla] Denisova see me and in connection with all that’s happening, I declare a hunger strike," said Hryb.

On March 22, a court in the city of Rostov-on-Don in Russia sentenced Ukrainian citizen Pavlo Hryb to six years of imprisonment, Hromadske reports.

As reported, Pavlo Hryb disappeared on August 24, 2017 in Belarus, where he went to the city of Gostomel to date a girl with whom he communicated on social networking sites.

In September, it became known that Pavlo Hryb was in a detention center in Krasnodar (Russia), charged with terrorism. At the same time, his lawyer said that Pavlo had been kidnapped by FSB officers.

On November 7, the arrest of Pavlo Hryb was extended until April 24, 2019.

iy


Let’s get started read our news at facebook messenger > > > Click here for subscribe

While citing and using any materials on the Internet, links to the website ukrinform.net not lower than the first paragraph are mandatory. In addition, citing the translated materials of foreign media outlets is possible only if there is a link to the website ukrinform.net and to the website of a foreign media outlet. Citing and using materials in offline media, mobile apps, Smart TV are allowed only with written permission from Ukrinform. News and publications marked as "Advertisement" and "PR" and articles in the section "Releases" include promoted content, and an advertiser is responsible for the content.

© 2015-2019 Ukrinform. All rights reserved.

Website design Studio Laconica

Extended searchHide extended search
By period:
-