Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine Dmytro Kuleba said this at a joint press conference with his Slovak counterpart Rastislav Káčer in Kyiv, an Ukrinform correspondent reports.
"We remain in close contact with Rafael [Grossi]. Of course, we are all interested in ensuring that all nuclear power plants, not only the Zaporizhzhia NPP, are safe. This is extremely difficult to achieve without stopping Russian missile strikes on the territory of Ukraine, but we are moving forward step by with mutual understanding with the IAEA. And there is a rule in diplomacy that nothing is agreed upon until everything is agreed," the Ukrainian minister said.
As reported, Russian troops captured the ZNPP on March 4. Since then, the invaders have placed military equipment and ammunition on the plant’s territory, constantly shelling both the surrounding area and the plant itself, destroying power lines and causing external power outages.
On November 29, during a meeting with IAEA Director General Rafael Grossi in Bucharest, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine Dmytro Kuleba said that Russia must withdraw from the Zaporizhzhia NPP to restore nuclear safety and security.
IAEA Director General Rafael Grossi, in turn, said he hopes to reach an agreement with Russia and Ukraine on the creation of a nuclear security zone around the ZNPP by the end of the year.