KYIV, January 3 /UKRINFORM/. Ukrainian football expert and former Ukraine manager Oleh Blokhin was among the world's best national coaches in 2012 according to the International Federation of Football History and Statistics (IFFHS), reads a statement posted on the federation's official website.
"Blokhin shared 15th place with German Ottmar Hitzfeld, who is at the helm of Switzerland, and Republic of Korea manager Hong Myung-Bo," reads the statement.
The undisputed leader of the ranking is Vicente del Bosque, who led Spain to victory at EURO 2012.
The IFFHS ranking of the world's best national coach in 2012:
1. Vicente del Bosque (Spain) - 231 points
2. Cesare Prandelli (Italy) - 83
3. Luis Fernando Tena (Mexico) - 70
4. Joachim Loew (Germany) - 48
5. Herve Renard (Zambia) - 38
6. Alejandro Sabella (Argentina) - 21
7. Paulo Bento (Portugal) - 16
8. Jose Nestor Pekerman (Colombia) - 15
9. Fabio Capello (England) - 13
10. Reinaldo Rueda (Ecuador) - 9
Alberto Zaccheroni (Japan) - 9
12. Didier Deschamps (France) - 8
Oscar Tabarez (Uruguay) - 8
14. Mirjalal Kasimov (Uzbekistan) - 6
15. Oleh Blokhin (Ukraine) - 5
Ottmar Hitzfeld (Switzerland) - 5
Hong Myung-Bo (South Korea) - 5.
In 2011, the world's top three national coaches included Oscar Tabarez (200), Vicente del Bosque (186), and Joachim Loew (169).
Let’s get started read our news at facebook messenger > > > Click here for subscribe