No civilian casualties recorded in Donbas since beginning of ‘harvest ceasefire’ – OSCE

No civilian casualties recorded in Donbas since beginning of ‘harvest ceasefire’ – OSCE

Ukrinform
The number of civilian casualties in eastern Ukraine remains on the lowest level since the beginning of the conflict.

The Special Representative of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office in Ukraine and in the Trilateral Contact Group (TCG), Ambassador Martin Sajdik, said this in a statement following the TCG’s meeting in Minsk on September 4.

"The ceasefire that had been agreed by the TCG and entered into force on July 21, 2019 continues to yield results despite some deterioration of the situation in the last days. According to the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission, no civilian casualties have been recorded over the last two weeks. Besides, this year the number of civilian casualties remains on the lowest level since the beginning of the conflict," he said.

Sajdik urged all the sides to fully comply with their commitments, especially with a view to the beginning of the school year.

He also noted the positive dynamics in the implementation of the TCG decision concerning the repair works of the bridge at Stanytsia Luhanska.

"In particular, mine clearance of the pathway to the bridge has been completed. Now the fortifications are being dismantled. This enables to launch the preparation and the subsequent repair works," he said.

All of these issues were in the focus of the TCG and the Security Working Group. In addition, the prospects of renewal of the disengagement of forces and hardware in Zolote and Petrivske were discussed.

The Economic Working Group, among other topics, paid particular attention to water supply and property issues in certain areas of Donetsk and Luhansk regions.

The Humanitarian Working Group focused on the questions related to the exchange of detainees.

The Political Working Group discussed topics related to the implementation of the ‘Steinmeier formula’, amnesty, local elections and decentralization.

ish


Let’s get started read our news at facebook messenger > > > Click here for subscribe

While citing and using any materials on the Internet, links to the website ukrinform.net not lower than the first paragraph are mandatory. In addition, citing the translated materials of foreign media outlets is possible only if there is a link to the website ukrinform.net and to the website of a foreign media outlet. Citing and using materials in offline media, mobile apps, Smart TV are allowed only with written permission from Ukrinform. News and publications marked as "Advertisement" and "PR" and articles in the section "Releases" include promoted content, and an advertiser is responsible for the content.

© 2015-2019 Ukrinform. All rights reserved.

Website design Studio Laconica

Extended searchHide extended search
By period:
-