OSCE records more ceasefire violations in Donbas

OSCE records more ceasefire violations in Donbas

Ukrinform
The OSCE Special Monitoring Mission last week recorded 63% more ceasefire violations in eastern Ukraine than the week before. 

OSCE SMM Principal Deputy Chief Monitor Alexander Hug said this at a weekly briefing on Thursday, according to an Ukrinform correspondent.

"Last week, the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission registered a 63% increase in the number of ceasefire violations. In all, over 6,500 ceasefire violations were recorded by the OSCE SMM," he said.

According to Hug, the mission recorded a fourfold increase in the number of SMM-recorded instances in which weapons that should have been withdrawn were used.

"Among them were 86 instances in which multiple-launch rocket systems were used. And not surprisingly, the SMM recorded more of these weapons in violations of agreed withdrawal lines. In total, last week the OSCE SMM observed 84 weapons in violation, 74 in areas not controlled by the government, and ten in areas controlled by the government," he added.

Hug noted that the level of violence "is now approaching levels seen before the recommitment to the ceasefire."

op


Let’s get started read our news at facebook messenger > > > Click here for subscribe

While citing and using any materials on the Internet, links to the website ukrinform.net not lower than the first paragraph are mandatory. In addition, citing the translated materials of foreign media outlets is possible only if there is a link to the website ukrinform.net and to the website of a foreign media outlet. Citing and using materials in offline media, mobile apps, Smart TV are allowed only with written permission from Ukrinform. News and publications marked as "Advertisement" and "PR" and articles in the section "Releases" include promoted content, and an advertiser is responsible for the content.

© 2015-2019 Ukrinform. All rights reserved.

Website design Studio Laconica

Extended searchHide extended search
By period:
-