Death toll from Russian drone attack on Odesa rises to two

Death toll from Russian drone attack on Odesa rises to two

photos
Ukrinform
The number of people killed in a Russian drone attack in Ukraine's southern city of Odesa has increased to two.

Ukrainian Interior Minister Ihor Klymenko said this in a post on Telegram, Ukrinform reports.

"Odesa. An attack by Russian terrorists damaged a nine-story apartment building. At least two people were killed. Their bodies were retrieved from the rubble by rescuers of the State Emergency Service. Seven more people were injured. Among them is a child. The rescue operation is ongoing, because there may be people under the rubble. There is data that seven residents of the high-rise building cannot be contacted," he said.

The attack left ten apartment buildings without heat supply.

Read also: One killed in Russian drone attack on Odesa

On the night of March 1-2, Russian troops attacked Odesa with drones. It was reported that one person had been killed and seven others injured.

Photo credit: Ukraine's Interior Ministry 

While citing and using any materials on the Internet, links to the website ukrinform.net not lower than the first paragraph are mandatory. In addition, citing the translated materials of foreign media outlets is possible only if there is a link to the website ukrinform.net and the website of a foreign media outlet. Materials marked as "Advertisement" or with a disclaimer reading "The material has been posted in accordance with Part 3 of Article 9 of the Law of Ukraine "On Advertising" No. 270/96-VR of July 3, 1996 and the Law of Ukraine "On the Media" No. 2849-Х of March 31, 2023 and on the basis of an agreement/invoice.

© 2015-2024 Ukrinform. All rights reserved.

Website design Studio Laconica

Extended searchHide extended search
By period:
-