Injury toll from Russian drone attack on Konotop rises to 11, one dead

The number of people injured in a Russian drone attack on the city of Konotop in the Sumy region has risen to 11.

According to Ukrinform, Oleh Hryhorov, head of the Sumy Regional Military Administration, announced this on Telegram.

"Eleven people were injured as a result of the Russian strike on Konotop. Most of them are elderly people. All are receiving the necessary medical assistance," Hryhorov said.

He also confirmed that an elderly woman was killed in the attack. She had celebrated her 94th birthday on Sunday.

"She lived in a section of the apartment block, which was struck by the Russian drone. The enemy attack left her no chance of survival," Hryhorov said.

Read also: Body of 90-year-old woman found under rubble in Konotop

Russian forces launched a massive overnight drone attack on Konotop in the Sumy region on May 20. Residential buildings and the local history museum came under attack.

Earlier in the morning, local authorities and emergency services reported that eight people had been injured.

Photo credit: Sumy Regional Military Administration