Zelensky orders stronger drone protection as Russia changes attack tactics
President Volodymyr Zelensky has instructed air defense forces, the Ministry of Defense, and government agencies to strengthen protection against Russian drones in response to changes in Russia’s strike tactics.
According to Ukrinform, the President said this in his evening address.
“Today, during the coordination call, we once again discussed with regional representatives Russia’s new tactic of massive strikes, where logistics facilities – primarily the railway – as well as water supply infrastructure are increasingly becoming targets. It is very important that this threat be understood by everyone at the local level and that protection measures be implemented accordingly,” Zelenskyy said.
He added that air defense forces, the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine, and other government bodies have received the necessary tasks.
“I expect coordinated and truly prompt work at all levels. Ukraine’s Ministry of Defense together with our military must also strengthen protection against Russian drones in border areas, where attacks against civilian vehicles, first responders, and our repair crews are increasing. The experience of our frontline regions must be effectively extended to the Sumy region and also to the Chernihiv region,” the President emphasized.
As previously reported by Ukrinform, on the night of February 22, Russian forces attacked railway infrastructure in the Donetsk, Zaporizhzhia, Mykolaiv, and Odesa regions.