"On 28 September 2020, the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 888 amended the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of 22 July 2020 No. 641 which establishes quarantine and introduces enhanced anti-epidemic measures," the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine informs.
In particular, the Government has determined that, inter alia, for the period of quarantine it is prohibited for foreigners and stateless persons to cross the state border without a valid insurance certificate issued by an insurance company registered in Ukraine or a foreign insurance company, which has its office in Ukraine or a contractual relationship with an insurance partner company in Ukraine, and covers the costs associated with COVID-19treatment, observation, and is valid for the period of stay in Ukraine.
Exceptions that do not fall under this requirement include foreigners, stateless persons permanently residing in Ukraine and persons recognized as refugees, or persons in need of additional protection, employees of diplomatic missions and consular institutions of foreign states, representations of official international missions, organizations accredited in Ukraine, and members of their families, servicepersons (of units) of the armed forces of NATO member states and member states of the NATO Partnership for Peace programme who participate in the training of the Armed Forces units.
In addition, without an existing insurance certificate, foreigners and stateless persons are prohibited from crossing and leaving the checkpoints of the temporarily occupied territories in Donetsk and Luhansk regions, the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and the city of Sevastopol.
It is also determined that persons who cross the state border and come from the countries or are citizens (nationals) of the countries with a high number of COVID-19 cases are required to self-isolate.
This rule does not apply to the following categories of persons:
- Children aged under 12 years
- People coming to Ukraine to study at higher education institutions
- Citizens (nationals) of countries with a significant COVID-19 spread rate who have not been on the territory of such countries over the past 14 days or transit through the territory of Ukraine and have documents confirming departure abroad within two days
- Employees of diplomatic missions and consular institutions of foreign states, missions of official international missions, organizations accredited in Ukraine, and members of their families
- Drivers and crew members of freight vehicles, buses engaged in regular transportation, crew members of aircraft and ships, river vessels, members of train and locomotive crews
- Instructors of the armed forces of NATO member states and member states of the NATO Partnership for Peace programme who take part in the training of the Armed Forces units
- Cultural figures invited by a cultural institution and one person accompanying each figure
- Persons transporting hematopoietic stem cells for transplantation
- Persons who have undergone a PCR test and received a negative result no more than 48 hours in advance of his/her arrival in Ukraine.
Let’s get started read our news at facebook messenger > > > Click here for subscribe