The Federal Penitentiary Service's (FSIN) branch in the Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous District reported this on Friday, according to TASS.
"In accordance with the doctor's recommendations, he [Sentsov] has been transferred from the medical unit of the establishment to a unit to continue serving his term," the branch's press service said.
It said that Sentsov's condition was assessed as "satisfactory" and he "can be involved in work."
Russian human rights activist Nikolai Shchur said on December 14 that Sentsov had been transferred from the medical unit, where he was undergoing rehabilitation after a lengthy hunger strike, to a general unit of the colony.
Ukrainian film director Oleg Sentsov and activist Oleksandr Kolchenko were detained in Crimea on May 10, 2014. Sentsov was sentenced to 20 years in prison and Kolchenko to 10 years on trumped-up charges of plotting terrorist attacks.
In May 2018, Sentsov went on hunger strike demanding the release of all Ukrainian political prisoners. He ended his 145-day-long hunger strike on October 6 due to the threat of force-feeding.
About 70 Ukrainian political prisoners are currently held in Russia and occupied Crimea, including Ukrinform correspondent Roman Sushchenko, who was sentenced to 12 years in a maximum-security penal colony in Russia for alleged espionage.
Let’s get started read our news at facebook messenger > > > Click here for subscribe