Court extends Ruban's arrest until Sept 8

Court extends Ruban's arrest until Sept 8

392
Ukrinform
The Shevchenkivsky District Court of Kyiv has extended until September 8 the measure of restraint in the form of arrest for the head of the Officers Corps organization, Volodymyr Ruban, his lawyer Valentyn Rybin has said on his Facebook page.

"Today the measure of restraint in the form of arrest for Volodymyr Ruban was extended until September 8, 2018," he wrote on Monday, August 20.

As reported, Ruban was detained on March 8, 2018 at a checkpoint in Donbas with an arsenal of weapons he was carrying from the occupied territory.

He is charged with planning a coup and seizing power, encroaching on the life of a state or public figure, preparing for a terrorist attack, aiding a terrorist organization and illegal possession of weapons, ammunition and explosives.

According to investigators, Ruban was preparing for large-scale terrorist attacks to destabilize the situation in society.

Ukrainian MP Nadiya Savchenko appears in the case along with him.

The Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) said in early August that the investigation into Ruban and Savchenko's case had been completed.

op


Let’s get started read our news at facebook messenger > > > Click here for subscribe

While citing and using any materials on the internet that are open to search systems, hyperlinks to ukrinform.ua not lower than the first paragraph are mandatory. Citing and using materials in ofline-media, mobile apps, SmartTV are allowed only with receipt of a written permission from "ukrinform.ua". News and publications marked "Advertisement" and articles in the block "Releases" include promoted content, and an advertiser is responsible for the content.

© 2015-2018 Ukrinform. All rights reserved.

Website design Studio Laconica
Extended searchHide extended search
By period:
-
*/ ?>