Number of people crossing administrative border with Crimea drops

Number of people crossing administrative border with Crimea drops

697
Ukrinform
The number of citizens, who crossed the administrative border with the annexed Crimea in 2017, decreased by 200,000 people as compared to 2016.

Spokesperson for the Azov-Black Sea regional department of the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine Maksym Soroka said this in a commentary to an Ukrinform correspondent.

"As of year-end 2017, a total of 2.5 million citizens and 406,000 vehicles crossed the administrative border with the temporarily occupied territory of Crimea in both directions. The number of citizens, who crossed the administrative border, decreased by 200,000 in 2017 as compared to 2016, the number of vehicles decreased by 110,000," Soroka said.

According to the regional department of the State Border Guard Service, 99.75% of citizens, who crossed the administrative border with Crimea in both directions in 2017, were citizens of Ukraine. The remaining 0.25% (slightly over 6,000 people) were foreigners.

ol


Let’s get started read our news at facebook messenger > > > Click here for subscribe

While citing and using any materials on the internet that are open to search systems, hyperlinks to ukrinform.ua not lower than the first paragraph are mandatory. Citing and using materials in ofline-media, mobile apps, SmartTV are allowed only with receipt of a written permission from "ukrinform.ua". Materials marked Advertising are published based on the advertising rights.

© 2015-2018 Ukrinform. All rights reserved.

Website design Studio Laconica
Extended searchHide extended search
By period:
-