The Ukrainian delegation to the Trilateral Contact Group presented the main items of the Donbas Action Plan to the Russian side and the OSCE, Ukrinform reports with reference to the delegation's Facebook page.
Five main items of the Donbas Action Plan are the following:
- withdrawal of foreign troops, illegal armed groups and mercenaries from the territory of Ukraine in early 2021
- abolition by the Russian Federation’s authorities of a number of decisions and documents that are direct interference in the life of certain areas of Donetsk and Luhansk regions, for example, on expedited citizenship procedures for residents of these territories;
- restoration of control over a relevant section of the Russia-Ukraine state border with the help of OSCE SMM
- four-fold increase in the OSCE SMM personnel (by 1,500 people).
- elections can be prepared and held in the territory of certain areas of Donetsk and Luhansk regions (with the assistance of the OSCE) only if these conditions are met.
“The next TCG meeting is scheduled for November 10. Till that date, the OSCE should formulate its own position and possibly submit its proposals for further consideration of the action plan,” the Ukrainian delegation said.
The Ukrainian delegation presented this proposal to the mediators (OSCE) and the Russian delegation.
The need to create the action plan arose as a joint decision of the three parties, in particular, to unblock the work of relevant subgroups, after the demarche of the Russian side in September this year.
At the same time, the Ukrainian delegation emphasizes that the actual implementation of a set of these measures requires the approval by the President and Parliament of Ukraine.
Let’s get started read our news at facebook messenger > > > Click here for subscribe