It is noted in the official statement, which was published on the website of the U.S. Department of the Treasury on March 15.
In particular, the following individuals have been added to OFAC's Specially Designated Nationals List:
- Medvedev Gennadiy; DOB 14 Sep 1959; Deputy Director of the Border Guard Service of the Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation;
- Naydenko Aleksey; DOB 02 Jun 1980; Deputy “Head of the Central Election Commission” of the so-called “Donetsk People’s Republic”;
- Romashkin Ruslan; DOB 15 Jun 1976; Head of the Service Command Point of the Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation for the Republic of Crimea and Sevastopol;
- Shein Andrey; DOB 19 Jun 1971; Deputy Head of the Border Directorate - Head of the Coast Guard Unit of the Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation;
- Stankevich Sergey; DOB 27 Jan 1963; Head of the Border Directorate of the Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation;
- Vysotsky Vladimir; DOB 07 Apr 1985; Secretary of the “Central Election Commission” of the so-called “Donetsk People’s Republic”.
In addition, the following organizations have been added to the Specially Designated Nationals List of the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control: AO KONTSERN OKEANPRIBOR (St. Petersburg); AO ZAVOD FIOLENT (Simferopol); GUP RK KTB SUDOKOMPOZIT (Feodosia); LLC NOVYE PROEKTY (Moscow); LLC SK CONSOL-STROI LTD (Simferopol); PAO ZVEZDA (St. Petersburg); YAROSLAVSKY SHIPBUILDING PLANT (Yaroslavl); ZELENODOLSK SHIPYARD PLANT NAMED AFTER A.M. GORKY (Zelenodolsk).
“The United States and our transatlantic partners will not allow Russia’s continued aggression against Ukraine to go unchecked. This joint initiative with our partners in the European Union and Canada reinforces our shared commitment to impose targeted and meaningful sanctions in response to the Kremlin’s attempts to disregard international norms and undermine Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity,” said Treasury Secretary Steven T. Mnuchin.
He also stressed that the international community “is strongly aligned against Russia’s naval attacks in the Kerch Strait, purported annexation of Crimea, and support for the illegitimate separatist-conducted elections in eastern Ukraine.”
As reported, the European Union officially imposed sanctions on eight Russian officials in form of freezing of assets and the prohibition on issuing visas due to the capture of Ukrainian sailors in the Kerch Strait in November 2018.
Let’s get started read our news at facebook messenger > > > Click here for subscribe