At least 10,000 evacuated in Chernihiv region after fire at arms depots - Interior Ministry

At least 10,000 evacuated in Chernihiv region after fire at arms depots - Interior Ministry

890
Ukrinform
At least 10,000 people have already been evacuated in Chernihiv region after a fire broke out at arms depots last night, First Deputy Interior Minister Serhiy Yarovy has said.

He heads the work of the operational headquarters of the State Emergency Service of Ukraine, the police and the National Guard, the press service of the Interior Ministry reported.

"The operational headquarters has begun its work. Units of the State Emergency Service and the National Guard are continuing to work on the evacuation of the population. Some 10,000 local residents have already been evacuated from the scene of the incident," Yarovy said.

Yarovy said that there was currently no information about the victims.

He said that flights over the site of the incident had been banned and road traffic had been restricted.

It was reported at 03.30 on Tuesday, October 9, that a fire broke out at the arms depots of military unit A1479 of the Ukrainian Armed Forces near the village of Druzhba in the Ichnia district of Chernihiv region.

op


Let’s get started read our news at facebook messenger > > > Click here for subscribe

While citing and using any materials on the internet that are open to search systems, hyperlinks to ukrinform.ua not lower than the first paragraph are mandatory. Citing and using materials in ofline-media, mobile apps, SmartTV are allowed only with receipt of a written permission from "ukrinform.ua". News and publications marked "Advertisement" and articles in the block "Releases" include promoted content, and an advertiser is responsible for the content.

© 2015-2018 Ukrinform. All rights reserved.

Website design Studio Laconica
Extended searchHide extended search
By period:
-
*/ ?>