OSCE recorded almost 130 ceasefire violations in Donbas on Jan 5-7

OSCE recorded almost 130 ceasefire violations in Donbas on Jan 5-7

Ukrinform
Between the evenings of 5 and 7 January, the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission to Ukraine (SMM) recorded 57 ceasefire violations in Donetsk region and 71 ones in Luhansk region.

The OSCE SMM said this in a report issued on January 8, based on information from the monitoring teams received as of 19:30 on January 7, 2021.

“In Donetsk region, between the evenings of 5 and 7 January, the Mission recorded 57 ceasefire violations, including 13 undetermined explosions," the report says.

The majority of ceasefire violations occurred in southern parts of Donetsk city (non-government-controlled) on the evening of 6 January (all shots and burst of small-arms fire) and north of Shyrokyne (government-controlled, 100km south of Donetsk) on the evening of 5 January.

In Luhansk region, between the evenings of 5 and 7 January, the SMM recorded 71 ceasefire violations, including 58 undetermined explosions, most of which occurred in areas south-east of Popasna (government-controlled, 69km west of Luhansk) on the afternoon of 7 January.

The Mission followed up on reports of a 16-year-old boy, injured due to the detonation of an explosive device on 3 January in Blahodatne (formerly Oktiabr, government-controlled, 77km west of Donetsk).

On 5 January, medical staff at a hospital in Velyka Novosilka (government-controlled, 74km west of Donetsk) told the SMM that a boy had been admitted on 3 January with injuries to his leg and arm consistent with those caused by an explosion and had been transferred to a hospital in Mariupol (government-controlled, 102km south of Donetsk) upon receiving treatment. On 6 January, the boy’s father told the SMM over the phone that on 3 January, his son had suffered shrapnel injures to his leg and arm after the boy had taken home and tried to disassemble an object he had found in a dumpster.

ish


Let’s get started read our news at facebook messenger > > > Click here for subscribe

While citing and using any materials on the Internet, links to the website ukrinform.net not lower than the first paragraph are mandatory. In addition, citing the translated materials of foreign media outlets is possible only if there is a link to the website ukrinform.net and to the website of a foreign media outlet. Citing and using materials in offline media, mobile apps, Smart TV are allowed only with written permission from Ukrinform. News and publications marked as "Advertisement" and "PR" and articles in the section "Releases" include promoted content, and an advertiser is responsible for the content.

© 2015-2021 Ukrinform. All rights reserved.

Website design Studio Laconica

Extended searchHide extended search
By period:
-