Trilateral Contact Group again fails to agree ‘harvest ceasefire’

Trilateral Contact Group again fails to agree ‘harvest ceasefire’

Ukrinform
During a meeting of the security subgroup of the Trilateral Contact Group (TCG) in Minsk, the parties failed to agree on the text of a joint statement regarding the so-called “harvest ceasefire”.

The Special Representative of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office in Ukraine and in the Trilateral Contact Group, Ambassador Martin Sajdik said this to reporters on Wednesday evening, BelTA informs.

"Despite the obvious interest of the parties in the so-called "harvest ceasefire", they, unfortunately, have not yet been able to agree on the text of the joint statement," he said.

According to Sajdik, the civilians, who live in the conflict zone, need this ceasefire as well as broad mine clearing work. Children, who finished their academic year recently, also need it. Children have the right to vacations without fear.

The ambassador hopes that the ceasefire agreement will be reached during the next meeting of the Trilateral Contact Group on Ukraine in Minsk or even before that. These matters were high on the agenda of yesterday's meeting of the subgroup on security. "Work on them will continue," he added.

The diplomat also commented on the separation of forces and equipment in the area of Stanytsia Luhanska (16km north-east of Luhansk).

“The sides mentioned the intention in Minsk two weeks ago but it has not been done yet. Violations of the ceasefire are the reason. The violations started after the sides expressed this intention. There had been no violations for quite a long time before that. It seems the sides definitely want to separate forces near Stanytsia Luhanska. And I hope it will take place, but I cannot give an exact date,“ Sajdik said.

The subgroup on economic affairs focused on water supply in Donetsk and Luhansk regions on both sides of the contact line.

The subgroup on humanitarian affairs continued to discuss the exchange of captives and search for missing persons. Ways to improve conditions for crossing the contact line through the checkpoint in Stanytsia Luhanska were discussed.

The subgroup on political affairs continued to discuss matters concerning the implementation of the Steinmeier formula, the amnesty, and local elections in ORDO and ORLO.

The next meeting of the Trilateral Contact Group (TCG) on the peaceful settlement of the situation in eastern Ukraine will be held on July 2.

ish


Let’s get started read our news at facebook messenger > > > Click here for subscribe

While citing and using any materials on the Internet, links to the website ukrinform.net not lower than the first paragraph are mandatory. In addition, citing the translated materials of foreign media outlets is possible only if there is a link to the website ukrinform.net and to the website of a foreign media outlet. Citing and using materials in offline media, mobile apps, Smart TV are allowed only with written permission from Ukrinform. News and publications marked as "Advertisement" and "PR" and articles in the section "Releases" include promoted content, and an advertiser is responsible for the content.

© 2015-2019 Ukrinform. All rights reserved.

Website design Studio Laconica

Extended searchHide extended search
By period:
-