Zelensky names directions Russia considers for additional attacks

Zelensky names directions Russia considers for additional attacks

video
Ukrinform
President Volodymyr Zelensky stated that Russia is considering Belarus and Russia's Bryansk region as directions for additional attacks on Ukraine.

According to Ukrinform, the head of state said this during an address published on Telegram.

President Volodymyr Zelensky said that a Staff meeting had been held during which the military, intelligence services, the Security Service of Ukraine, and the Foreign Ministry discussed in detail the situation regarding Belarus and Russia's Bryansk region. He stated that Russia was considering those areas as possible directions for additional attacks against Ukraine's northern regions, particularly the Chernihiv-Kyiv direction.

Zelensky assured that the Ukrainian side is working to strengthen defenses in that direction. According to him, the military command has received the relevant instructions. At the same time, the President noted that preventive measures are continuing both with regard to Belarus and certain parts of Russia from which threats may arise.

Zelensky added that he expected Ukraine's Foreign Ministry to be as active as possible in diplomatic work concerning Belarus, emphasizing that pressure and coordination with international partners needed to be strengthened.

Read also: Ukraine strengthens border defenses from Volyn to Chernihiv region amid Belarus threat

The head of state warned Belarus about the consequences if Russia drags the country into the war.

He also said that Ukraine was tired of the constant threat that Russia might involve Belarus in expanding the war. Zelenskyy warned that Belarus would face significant consequences if that happened. He noted that Ukrainian intelligence services had received additional non-public tasks related to this threat and added that Ukraine also had specific capabilities to respond to any threat coming from Russian territory.

As Ukrinform previously reported, Russia has five scenarios for expanding the war through northern Ukraine.

Photo: Office of the President

While citing and using any materials on the Internet, links to the website ukrinform.net not lower than the first paragraph are mandatory. In addition, citing the translated materials of foreign media outlets is possible only if there is a link to the website ukrinform.net and the website of a foreign media outlet. Materials marked as "Advertisement" or with a disclaimer reading "The material has been posted in accordance with Part 3 of Article 9 of the Law of Ukraine "On Advertising" No. 270/96-VR of July 3, 1996 and the Law of Ukraine "On the Media" No. 2849-Х of March 31, 2023 and on the basis of an agreement/invoice.

Online media entity; Media identifier - R40-01421.

© 2015-2026 Ukrinform. All rights reserved.

Extended searchHide extended search
By period:
-