Death toll from Russian strike on Pryluky rises to three, 29 injured

Death toll from Russian strike on Pryluky rises to three, 29 injured

photos
Ukrinform
The death toll from a Russian ballistic missile strike on the central part of Pryluky has risen to three, including a 15-year-old boy who died in hospital, while 29 people were injured.

According to Ukrinform, the Chernihiv Regional Prosecutor's Office reported this on Telegram.

"As of now, three local residents are confirmed dead, including a 15-year-old boy who died in hospital. Another 29 people were injured, five of whom are in serious condition," the statement said.

According to prosecutors, buildings belonging to an inactive enterprise, retail premises, private and apartment houses, and vehicles were damaged in the attack.

Information on casualties and destruction is still being clarified.

The prosecutor's office has launched a pretrial investigation into a war crime resulting in deaths under Part 2 of Article 438 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine.

Russian forces struck the center of Pryluky in the Chernihiv region with a ballistic missile at around 10:00. Earlier reports said two people had been killed and 21 injured.

Photo credit: State Emergency Service

While citing and using any materials on the Internet, links to the website ukrinform.net not lower than the first paragraph are mandatory. In addition, citing the translated materials of foreign media outlets is possible only if there is a link to the website ukrinform.net and the website of a foreign media outlet. Materials marked as "Advertisement" or with a disclaimer reading "The material has been posted in accordance with Part 3 of Article 9 of the Law of Ukraine "On Advertising" No. 270/96-VR of July 3, 1996 and the Law of Ukraine "On the Media" No. 2849-Х of March 31, 2023 and on the basis of an agreement/invoice.

Online media entity; Media identifier - R40-01421.

© 2015-2026 Ukrinform. All rights reserved.

Extended searchHide extended search
By period:
-