Zelensky approves new special operations against Russia

Zelensky approves new special operations against Russia

video
Ukrinform
President Volodymyr Zelensky announced that he had approved new operations against the aggressor state.

Zelensky stated this in his evening address, according to Ukrinform.

"I have approved new operations for our special services and our Defense Forces of Ukraine," Zelensky said while referring to the consequences of another round of Russian attacks against Ukrainian cities.

In this context, he also thanked all soldiers and every weapons manufacturer for ensuring that "the aggressor feel pain, and for ensuring that every victim in Ukraine of Russia's strikes, of Russian state madness, does not remain without just retribution."

Read also: Zelensky: Russia has lost 10% of its oil refining capacity, Putin leads his country toward bankruptcy

As previously reported, on May 14 Volodymyr Zelensky said he had instructed the intelligence services to propose possible formats of response to a two-day attack during which the Russians used 1,567 drones and 56 missiles of various types.

On May 17, drones carried out a massive attack on the Moscow region.

While citing and using any materials on the Internet, links to the website ukrinform.net not lower than the first paragraph are mandatory. In addition, citing the translated materials of foreign media outlets is possible only if there is a link to the website ukrinform.net and the website of a foreign media outlet. Materials marked as "Advertisement" or with a disclaimer reading "The material has been posted in accordance with Part 3 of Article 9 of the Law of Ukraine "On Advertising" No. 270/96-VR of July 3, 1996 and the Law of Ukraine "On the Media" No. 2849-Х of March 31, 2023 and on the basis of an agreement/invoice.

Online media entity; Media identifier - R40-01421.

© 2015-2026 Ukrinform. All rights reserved.

Extended searchHide extended search
By period:
-