State Border Guard Service denies reports of increased Russian sabotage activity in Chernihiv region

State Border Guard Service denies reports of increased Russian sabotage activity in Chernihiv region

Ukrinform
Ukraine's State Border Guard Service has denied reports claiming that Russian sabotage and reconnaissance groups have intensified activity in the Chernihiv region.

Speaking to Ukrinform, State Border Guard Service spokesperson Andrii Demchenko said no such increase had been observed in sectors defended by border guard units.

"In the defense sectors where State Border Guard Service units are deployed, no increase in enemy sabotage and reconnaissance group activity has been observed. However, of course, this threat remains and has not disappeared," he said.

Read also: Russia must understand it cannot dictate terms to end war – Mathernova

Earlier, one Telegram channel claimed that Russian sabotage and reconnaissance groups linked to the FSB had allegedly become more active in the Chernihiv sector.

As reported previously, Ukraine plans to strengthen the Chernihiv-Kyiv axis amid Russia's attempts to draw Belarus more actively into the war.

Photo: Ukraine's State Border Guard Service

While citing and using any materials on the Internet, links to the website ukrinform.net not lower than the first paragraph are mandatory. In addition, citing the translated materials of foreign media outlets is possible only if there is a link to the website ukrinform.net and the website of a foreign media outlet. Materials marked as "Advertisement" or with a disclaimer reading "The material has been posted in accordance with Part 3 of Article 9 of the Law of Ukraine "On Advertising" No. 270/96-VR of July 3, 1996 and the Law of Ukraine "On the Media" No. 2849-Х of March 31, 2023 and on the basis of an agreement/invoice.

Online media entity; Media identifier - R40-01421.

© 2015-2026 Ukrinform. All rights reserved.

Extended searchHide extended search
By period:
-