Injury toll from Russian attack on Kyiv region rises, one person killed
Ukraine's State Emergency Service said this in a post on Telegram, Ukrinform reports.
Emergency workers also rescued another man while dealing with the aftermath of the Russian strike in a residential area in Sofiivska Borshchahivka.
"The enemy will certainly answer for every life taken. We are working to support the victims and provide assistance to everyone who needs it," said Mykola Kalashnyk, head of the regional military administration.
In the early hours of Sunday, February 22, Russian forces launched a massive attack on Ukraine using drones and missiles. Kyiv city and the Kyiv region were among the targets.
In the Kyiv region, the consequences of the attack were recorded in the Boryspil, Brovary, Fastiv, Bucha, and Obukhiv districts.
Kyiv Mayor Vitalii Klitschko also said that two people injured in the attack – a woman and a child – had been taken to Kyiv hospitals from the city's suburbs.
Photo credit: State Emergency Service