Spokesperson of the Joint Press Center of the Southern Defense Forces of Ukraine Nataliia Humeniuk said this on the air of the telethon "United News", Ukrinform correspondent reports.
"The situation remains difficult and is also complicated by weather conditions - a storm is raging, and it is quite powerful, and the stormy weather will last for at least a certain number of hours, and perhaps even stretch for two days, but this does not prevent the enemy from keeping the missile carriers on combat duty. In this case, the missile carrier is underwater. This is the one that launched missiles at night and now continues to be on combat duty. Based on what it did at night, it left two more Kalibrs on board and is likely to be brought to the basing point to replenish stocks or rotate and another submarine will come out," said Humeniuk, adding that this will be reported additionally.
The spokeswoman also noted that despite the storm, the enemy keeps 15 ships on combat duty in the Black Sea. According to her, in addition to the fact that the Russian Federation announced possible difficulties with navigation, the Russian occupiers are preparing another provocation, as warned by international partners.
Humeniuk also said that in the south, the enemy continues to suffer from shelling, as evidenced by the decrease in the number of attacks. At the same time, she stated that civilians suffer from shelling.
"Yesterday there were only ten (attacks - ed.), but at night the enemy increased its efforts a bit, added 38 more attacks, and so keeping the number up to 50, it is trying to terrorize the population quite regularly. In particular, eight settlements were shelled, and two civilians were injured overnight. Residential buildings and civilian infrastructure were destroyed. That is, the enemy is not targeting," Humeniuk said.
She also noted that the enemy is trying to stop the advance of the Defense Forces with its shelling.
"We continue counter-battery fighting and continue to remotely clear a strip of land on the left bank that will allow us to push the enemy so far away that they cannot fire at civilians," the spokeswoman said.
Answering a question about strengthening air defense in the south, Humeniuk said that after the powerful attacks that the enemy is now directing at the port infrastructure, part of the funds from international partners will be focused on protecting those facilities that are critical to the state.
As Ukrinform reported, on the night of July 27, the Ukrainian Defense Forces destroyed eight Shahed-136/131 attack drones used by Russian invaders to attack from the southeast. As a result of the night attack on Odesa region, Kalibr missiles destroyed the port's administrative building, damaged production facilities, and killed a security guard.