This is said in a statement released by the U.S. Department of Defense, Ukrinform reports.
"Our focus is on supporting the Ukrainians to change the dynamic on the ground. We want to help Ukraine advance and hold its positions in what we expect will be a Ukrainian counteroffensive," the official said.
According to the Pentagon, the capabilities in this military aid package, valued at up to $500 million, includes:
- Additional munitions for Patriot air defense systems.
- Additional ammunition for High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems.
- Artillery rounds: 155 mm and 105 mm.
- Mortar rounds: 120 mm.
- Tank ammunition: 120 mm and 105 mm.
- Ammunition: 25 mm.
- Tube-launched, optically-tracked, wire-guided missiles.
- About 400 grenade launchers and 200,000 rounds of ammunition.
- Tactical vehicles to recover equipment: 11.
- Heavy fuel tankers: 61.
- Heavy equipment transport: 10 trucks and 10 trailers.
- Testing and diagnostic equipment to support vehicle maintenance and repair.
- Spare parts and other field equipment.
In addition, the U.S. Department of Defense will provide Ukraine with $2.1 billion in assistance from the Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative funds. Those funds will provide:
- Additional munitions for National Advanced Surface-to-Air Missile Systems.
- Nine counter-unmanned serial system 30 mm gun trucks.
- Mobile counter-unmanned aircraft system, or C-UAS, laser-guided rocket systems: 10.
- Three air surveillance radars.
- Anti-aircraft ammunition: 30 mm and 23 mm.
- Artillery rounds: 130 mm and 122 mm.
- Grad rockets: 122 mm.
- Rocket launchers and ammunition.
- Mortar systems: 120 mm and 81 mm.
- Mortar rounds: 120 mm, 81 mm, and 60 mm.
- Tank ammunition: 120 mm.
- Javelin anti-armor systems.
- Anti-armor rockets.
- Precision aerial munitions.
- About 3,600 small arms and more than 23,000,000 rounds of small-arms ammunition.
- Seven tactical vehicles to recover equipment.
- Eight heavy fuel tankers and 105 fuel trailers.
- Armored bridging systems.
- Four logistics support vehicles.
- Trucks and 10 trailers to transport heavy equipment.
- Secure communications equipment.
- Satellite communications terminals and services.
- Funding for training, maintenance and sustainment.
As reported by Ukrinform, on March 4, the U.S. government announced the allocation of a new large-scale security assistance package for Ukraine worth $2.6 billion.