Number of people injured in Russian attack on Kyiv region rises to 15, one person killed
In the Kyiv region, the number of people injured in Russia's February 22 missile and drone attack has risen to 15, including four children. One fatality has also been confirmed.
The head of the regional military administration, Mykola Kalashnyk, reported this on Telegram, according to Ukrinform.
The largest number of victims was recorded in the Fastiv district. There, rescuers pulled eight people from under the rubble of a destroyed building, all of whom sustained injuries of varying severity. Five of the injured were taken to hospital. One of them died, while the others are receiving the necessary medical care.
"Three people are in serious condition, two of them are currently in surgery, while another is receiving treatment at the trauma unit," the regional governor said.
According to him, there are also injured people in the Boryspil, Vyshhorod, Obukhiv, and Bucha districts. They were diagnosed with shrapnel wounds, cuts, fractures, smoke inhalation, and acute stress reactions. Some were hospitalized, while others received medical assistance on site or on an outpatient basis.
Rescuers, medics, police, and all necessary services continue to work at the affected locations.
"We are doing everything possible to help people and eliminate the consequences of the attack," Kalashnyk said.
On the night of February 21-22, Russian forces launched a massive drone and missile attack on Ukraine. Kyiv city and the Kyiv region were among the targets.
In the Kyiv region, the consequences of the attack were recorded in the Boryspil, Brovary, Fastiv, Bucha, and Obukhiv districts. Earlier reports said that a 49-year-old man had been killed.